Staff Nurse Mental Health
About Priory Bristol
Bristol Hospital is rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) the Grade II listed hospital building is set in extensive grounds in the suburb Stapleton, just off the M32 and less than three miles from the centre of Bristol with free parking onsite.
There are 86 beds spread over eight wards offering a diverse range of services including Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU), eating disorders, acute and rehab and recovery. This offers opportunities to gain experience of working in a number of different services.
The hospital is overseen by an approachable and dynamic senior management team and has excellent links with local universities, which provides plenty of opportunities to gain experience of dealing with complex cases.
- Deliver high quality, service users focussed care
- Participate in the development of new services and care pathways
- Support the local implementation of the Group Nursing Strategy
- Engage in continuous quality improvement within your service
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities
- Registered nurse with active NMC PIN with 12 months post qualifying experience
- Relevant clinical experience
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal , interpersonal and written communication skills
Priory Healthcare Benefits
- Excellent salary
- Free on-site parking
- Supplemented meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs) up to £3000 (Terms apply)
Additional benefits for nurses at Bristol:
- Welcome bonus
- Fully funded DBS
- Fully funded NMC registration
- Return to Practice support
- Mentorship experience
- CPD top up
- Management and Leadership development opportunities
We currently have vacancies within the following:
- Adult Male Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
- Adult Acute – 1x female ward, 1x male ward and 1x mixed gender ward.
- Specialist Eating Disorder Service
- Specialist Private Addictions
- Newly qualified nurses are considered for all ward and comprehensive preceptorship programme will be offered.
Our shift patterns are:
Day shifts - 7am to 7:30pm
Night shifts - 7pm to 7:30am
Please get in contact today with Farah Gigani, Talent Acquisitions Partner on
FarahGigani@priorygroup.com or 07342 990348- you can text me too!
£5000 Welcome Bonus not payable if introduced via agency
Are Registered Mental Health Nurses Superheroes?
At Priory Group, you don’t have to have superhuman powers to be a hero in our eyes. We want the care our nurses provide to our service users to be super. As a mental health nurse at Priory you’ll be part of a company that is supportive and has your welfare and interests at heart. Mental health nursing is a tough but rewarding career and we want to make sure that our relationship with you is a long-term thing, not a flash in the pan.
It takes a genuine desire to help other people, along with a lot of dedication and compassion to be a Mental Health Nurse. In return, we want to make sure you get the reward you deserve which is why we offer market leading salaries as well as bonuses and benefits, you’ll get job satisfaction and we’ll support you to develop your skills and grow with the company via our Career Pathways programme. You’ll get to build therapeutic relationships with the people you care for so you can help them through their difficult time and find ways to take control over their own health. It’s a chance to make a real and lasting difference to someone.
At Priory, you’ll be joining the UK’s largest provider of high quality mental health care with around 350 services across the country. Since joining forces with rehabilitation specialists, MEDIAN, we aim to be the leading European provider of mental health and rehabilitative services. By joining us, you’d be key to helping us bring the best of MEDIAN and Priory to our patients and residents.