- Job Family: - Occupational Therapy
- Location: - Wellington
- Salary Details: - £28,000- £32,000 + Benefits
- Introduction -
Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist, dedicated to changing lives for the better? If so, join the multidisciplinary team at Wellesley Hospital and help people build a brighter future.
It is an exciting time to join Wellesley as it grows the team at the new purpose-built learning disability service alongside an established mental health hospital in Wellington. You will provide care to men and women with mental health needs or learning disabilities in a medium-low secure environment.
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will be provided with support and supervision from the Lead and Senior Occupational Therapists as you join the Occupational Therapy team, which consists of occupational therapists, activity coordinators, fitness instructors and a real work opportunities coordinator.
We welcome applications from experienced, newly qualified or established Occupational Therapists with an interest in developing their skills within a mental health or Learning Disability Service. Applications from soon to be qualified Occupational Therapists will be considered.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of service users through the development of personalised care plans and goals and will work flexibly to ensure the service user's wide range of needs are met. You will enjoy support and training as you develop your skills to deliver therapeutic sessions through supervision and observations of other clinicians.
Working alongside Activity Coordinators and Occupational Therapy Assistants, you will provide occupation-focused assessments, interventions and outcomes that are person centred and recovery-focused activities to support and prepare service users to return to community life.
You will have an abundance of opportunities to develop your clinical and leadership skills as you enjoy support from a regional network of healthcare professionals and enjoy access to a variety of training courses to support you reach your career goals.
At Wellesley Hospital, you will enjoy a range of leadership and mentoring programmes and there are development pathways for staff in bands 5, 6 or 7.
If you like the sound of working in a growing service, where you will be supported to be the best you can be and provide with the time to develop therapeutic relationships and meaningful personalised interventions, then this could be for you.
- Completing assessments, planning sessions and implementing the intervention
- Evaluating outcomes aligned to care plans
- The opportunity to supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants (dependent on experience)
- Implement and develop evidence-based therapeutic activities to aid mental health recovery
- Opportunity to work closely with activity coordinators to deliver a range of group activities on the ward and in the wider community
To be successful in this role:
- Current (or pending) HCPC registration and RCOT membership with evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Knowledge and use of a range of OT assessments and outcome measures
- Experience of working within a similar setting or having had a clinical placement in a mental health setting
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary £28,000 - £32,000 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
We encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19. As such, you will need to have had your Covid Vaccine to be eligible for this position.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.