- Job Family: - Psychiatry
- Location: - Exeter
- Salary Details: - Competitive annual salary plus £8,400 car allowance
- Introduction -
As a Consultant, you’ll know what it means to lead a team. To always strive for better. Better care, a better you, a better service.
To be a successful Consultant Psychiatrist at Pinhoe View in Exeter, you will have experience in General Adult settings and have experience of working in a multidisciplinary team. You will also have experience of working within acute inpatient or community settings, ideally inpatient settings and have experience in risk assessment and risk management.
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will join an established medical team which includes another full time Consultant Psychiatrist and two full-time associate specialists. In this role, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team (nursing, OT, Psychology and social work) to provide care and treatment for up to 16 patients supported by an Associate Specialist doctor.
Pinhoe View is a 32 bedded acute psychiatric inpatient service for women. There are two 16 bedded wards. Patients may be informal or detained under the Mental health act. Pinhoe View is situated in Exeter, in Devon which is a bright and developing city. It is ideally placed for rural living with proximity to the coast and several areas of outstanding natural beauty.
When you work for Elysium Healthcare as a Consultant Psychiatrist, you have access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals to engage and network with, as well as a range of benefits and excellent range of career development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of the Consultant Psychiatrist include:
- Management of complex cases
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness
- Liaison and collaborative working with care co-ordinators, commissioners, families and carers and other services/agencies
- Mental Health Act implementation and liaison with Ministry of Justice (if applicable)
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients including ensuring all NHSE contractual obligations are met and to ensure initial discharge summaries are sent out within 24 hours of discharge
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council and to abide by professional codes of conduct
- To maintain section 12(2) and approved clinician status.
* The hospital runs a two-tier on-call system with first tier on-call provided by associate specialists and agency on-call. The post holder will be required to be part of the second tier hospital on-call as the duty Responsible Clinician.
The post holder will be expected to provide cover for other medical colleagues during leave and other absences and this is reciprocated.
Essential qualifications and experience
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- To hold Section 12(2) approval to work in England and Approved clinician status.
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.