- Main area
- Nursing Associate
- Band 4
- Permanent: Full and part time hours available
- Full time
- Part time
- Job ref
- Bodmin Health Office
- £25,147 - £27,596 Per Annum / Pro Rata
- Salary period
- 28/09/2023 23:59
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CFT) is excited to offer opportunities for a qualified Nursing Associate to join our Bodmin & 3 Harbours Community Nursing Team
Are you passionate about providing high quality patient care and would like to be part of the Bodmin Community Nursing team.
You should possess commitment to team working and innovative delivery of excellent standards of care. You will need to be able to demonstrate a real enthusiasm for community nursing as well as a desire for on-going professional development.
You should also have an understanding of the changing climate of care delivery in the community with the ability to travel independently across the area to fulfil the requirements being essential.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9th October
Main duties of the job
The role of the Nursing Associate is to work with the Registered Community Nurses and other members of the multi-professional team, providing and monitoring care and contributing to the ongoing assessment, as agreed with supervising clinician(s) and in line with the service pathways. They will monitor the condition and health needs of people within their care on a continual basis in partnership with the multi professional team.
Working for our organisation
We’re an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people’s physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see ‘supporting documents’.
Qualifications & ExperienceEssential criteria
- Nursing Associate Foundation Degree
- NMC registration
- Previous experience of working within a health/care setting
- Previous experience working within a Community Nursing Team
- Ability to take part in reflective practice and clinical supervision activities
- Understanding of evidence based practice
- Ability to organise and prioritise own delegated workload; recognising where elements of care can safely be delegated to other colleagues, carers and family members
- Understanding of the scope of the role of the Nursing Associate in context of the nursing and interdisciplinary team and the organisation, and how the role may contribute to service development
- Understands and acts in line with NMC professional standards for practice contained within The Code
Employer certification / accreditation badges
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- Job Description & Person Specification (PDF, 632.3KB)
- Functional Requirements Form (PDF, 306.4KB)
- Recruitment Complaints Policy (PDF, 113.4KB)
- Autism support (PDF, 38.0KB)
- dyslexia support (PDF, 76.8KB)
- Parental Entitlement (PDF, 300.0KB)
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mel Johns
- Job title
- Community Nurse Team Leader
- Email address
- Additional information