Administrator - Sowenna CAMHS
- Main area
- Band 2
- Fixed term: 9 months
- Part time - 30 hours per week
- Job ref
- £22,383 per annum
- Salary period
- 06/06/2023 23:59
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, flexible and well-motivated Administrator to join our Sowenna CAMHS Team for maternity cover.
This role is a part-time position, working 30hrs per week Monday - Friday 9am-3pm
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be well organised and able to prioritise work. You will be proactive in solving problems and queries and you will see these through to completion. The post holder will need to be calm and patient, with an excellent telephone manner and skills to deal with sometimes complex and difficult issues over the phone.
You will be supporting a multidisciplinary team and will be involved with answering calls when reception cover is needed, arranging appointments, scanning, and uploading documentation onto appropriate systems, photocopying, ordering stationary, and general administrative work.
This role will be challenging and varied, but ultimately a rewarding role that will provide an opportunity, for the right person, to become a key member of the team. A high degree of flexibility is required to meet the day-to-day challenges of the service. Excellent time management and communication skills are required as is a good sense of humour.
Working for our organisation
We’re an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people’s physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see ‘supporting documents’.
Education / Qualifications and Relevant ExperienceEssential criteria
- Good basic education, including English GCSE or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Administration experience within a busy office environment
- Proven use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the use of email and internet
- RSA II Typing
- Previous NHS experience
Skills and AptitudeEssential criteria
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a pressured work setting
Knowledge and abilitiesEssential criteria
- Ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to new work settings quickly
- Knowledge and experience of using bespoke systems and electronic diary management
At Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust we are proud to prioritise the development of our people. To support this, the following opportunities are available:
- Career conversations and individual development plans for succession planning and talent management
- Protected CPD time for registered staff
- Access to a dedicated central development fund supporting CPD for all staff
- Leadership and Management development programmes
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- A full clinical induction programme for operational skills
- Access to a care certificate programme for our band 1-4 clinical staff
- A bespoke and robust preceptorship programme to support newly qualified staff
- Individual professional development programmes
Being part of a successful NHS Foundation Trust brings a portfolio of rewards and benefits for our staff. These include:
- Suite of health and wellbeing initiatives to support our colleagues physical and mental health
- Free access to individual HARP portfolios to support revalidation for nursing staff
- Free DBS checks where required
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- The Trust reimburses all application costs for staff eligible to apply for EU settlement status.
The Trust reserves the right to close this advert once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful at the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process you will be contacted via TRAC.jobs email regarding interview details.
We are committed to diversity and equality of employment including the employment of current and former service users.
If you are successful, you agree to Occupational Health accessing your health records from your current or previous employer to check the status of your inoculations and screening tests. Appointments are subject to full three year satisfactory references therefore please ensure you include correct contact details for your nominated referees including email addresses.
Any general recruitment queries, please contact our recruitment team on 01208 834644
Employer certification / accreditation badges
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- Job Description (PDF, 616.5KB)
- Job Functional Requirements (PDF, 202.8KB)
- Recruitment Complaints Policy (PDF, 113.4KB)
- Autism support (PDF, 38.0KB)
- dyslexia support (PDF, 76.8KB)
- Parental Entitlement (PDF, 300.0KB)
Further details / informal visits contact
- Laura Patrick
- Job title
- Business Support Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number