Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry-Intensive Outreach Team
- Main area
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Permanent: Substantive
- 6 sessions per week (Part time 6 PA's per week)
- Job ref
- Campbell House
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum pro rata
- Salary period
- 07/06/2023 23:59
We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the CAMHS Intensive Outreach Team.
The consultant (post holder) will be expected to assess and review those young people with the most complex presentations and highest risks who present to the acute hospitals or open to the intensive outreach service and to work alongside the MDT and community CAMHS.
Main duties of the job
The Consultant will deliver direct interventions to service users at a level of intensity according to need including those service users who require an assertive approach who are difficult to engage.
This will include on-going assessment, diagnoses (including review and clarification) and treatment
- To provide advice to members of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams in CIOT.
- Regular attendance at the CIOT MDT meetings and board rounds.
- Assessment and treatment of outpatients in clinics.
- To visit patients in their own place of residence if clinically indicated.
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To liaise with the community CAMHS and Inpatient services as appropriate to facilitate the smooth handover of clients between services.
- To actively participate in team and personal caseload management and supervision.
Working for our organisation
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
- Full GMC Registration or eligibility to be included on the register and holding a current licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Section 12 approval/ Approved Clinician Status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Wide breadth of clinical experience working with children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Evidence of effective multi-agency working
- Specific additional therapy training (e.g. Positive Behavioural Support, CBT, systemic therapy, DBT etc.)
Personal SkillsEssential criteria
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical SkillsEssential criteria
- Skills in psychiatric assessment, formulation and risk management (including safeguarding) as well as psychopharmacology in children, neurodevelopmental disorders and attachment difficulties.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research & AuditEssential criteria
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Ability to supervise junior medical staff undertaking research projects.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
We are proud to be fostering a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. A key commitment to this is improving staff representation from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, those from the LGBTQ+ communities, people with ‘lived-experience’ of mental health conditions and people living with disabilities,– we are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ offering a guaranteed interview to Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
We encourage applications from people who wish to work on a flexible basis, recognising that flexibility may mean a range of different working patterns and hours, we do our utmost to work with our staff to meet their needs and the needs of our service users.
Please apply to join us, we would love to hear from you. Any personal details you supply to us are kept safe in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Adverts normally close for application a few minutes before midnight on the closing date and we will let you know if we are offering you an interview by email via our recruitment system ‘TRAC’. We contact all applicants within 4 weeks after the closing date, so please check your emails regularly once you have submitted your application; you are welcome to contact us, via the TRAC system, if you have any queries about your application.
Employer certification / accreditation badges
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
- 342-RVN023-SSC-HS- CAMHS CIOT Consultant Psychiatrist JD - 6 PA (PDF, 854.2KB)
- Standard Pre-Employment Checks (PDF, 203.3KB)
- Benefits Leaflet (PDF, 449.6KB)
- Value of the NHS Pension Scheme (PDF, 97.5KB)
- Applicant Guidance (PDF, 228.5KB)
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Louise Molodynski
- Job title
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Email address
- Additional information
We would welcome the opportunity to meet with any interested candidates prior to the interviews or submission of an application.
To discuss the post further or to arrange a visit to the hospital or community facilities please contact:
Dr Louise Molodynski, Consultant Psychiatrist