Lead Consultant Psychiatrist
- Job Family: - Psychiatry
- Location: - Exeter
- Salary Details: - Competitive annual salary plus £8,400 car allowance
- Introduction -
Are you an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist looking for your next challenging, yet rewarding role? If the answer is yes, this could be the ideal role for you.
Join Elysium Healthcare to become the medical lead for our acute and locked rehabilitation mental health services within the South-west region. Pinhoe View is an acute psychiatric inpatient service for women in Exeter, Woodmill is a locked rehabilitation unit for women in Cullompton and The Copse is a locked rehabilitation unit for men in Weston-Super-Mare.
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will take up a senior leadership position to support clinical governance and service delivery across the sites and to provide medical management for the doctors working in these services. You will be expected to hold a clinical caseload at Pinhoe View There is Associate specialist input and a multidisciplinary team. Physical healthcare is supported by a RGN and visiting GPs.
Pinhoe View hospital is ideally placed for rural living with proximity to the coast and several areas of outstanding natural beauty. Exeter and Taunton have national rail services to London and Exeter has an international airport. There are several good public and independent primary and secondary schools within Exeter, mid-Devon and Somerset.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Senior clinical advisory role to sites on clinical matters and clinical strategy across Pinhoe View, Woodmill and The Copse.
- Participation in development and review of policies and procedures
- Leadership around Quality improvement and clinical governance
- Medical management and recruitment
- Regional representation within Elysium’s clinical governance structures.
- Responsible Clinician role with an inpatient caseload.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Mental Health Act implementation and liaison with Ministry of Justice (if applicable)
- Leadership of Pinhoe View clinical governance meetings and service development alongside the Hospital Director,
To be successful as an applicant you’ll need:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Section 12(2) approval to work in England and Approved clinician status.
- Previous medical leadership experience is desirable.
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary
- £8,400 Car Allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
There is a two-tier on-call system. The post holder will be part of the second tier on-call as the duty Responsible Clinician. The post holder will be expected to provide cover for other medical colleagues during annual leave and other absences and this is reciprocated.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.