Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist
- Job Family: - Psychiatry
- Location: - Wellington
- Salary Details: - Competitive annual salary
- Introduction -
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to Join the team at the Wellesley Hospital. Wellesley Hospital is situated on the Somerset/Devon border.
Wellesley Hospital provides a range of secure mental health inpatient services in the South-west region and is well-established provider in the South-west Provider Collaborative for secure services. A vacancy for a full time Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist has arisen due to new service developments.
The vacancy has arisen within men’s secure services due to the planned development of a further men’s secure ward (10 beds). The successful applicant will join a group of established Consultants and would be expected to have a caseload of approx. 15-20 inpatients depending on the patient cohort and as a result may have a caseload across different wards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Attend SMT morning handover.
- Assess referrals to determine suitability for admission.
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds, clinical audit and quality improvement work.
- Chair and oversee CPA reviews.
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management.
- Participate in clinical governance and ensure implementation of policies and protocols.
- Work and liaise with external agencies
- Write and supervise various reports including Mental Health Act tribunals and managers’ reports and attend hearings.
Medical on-call arrangements are covered by an external agency for the first tier on-call. Consultants are expected to take part in second- tier oncall. This is a low intensity on-call at a frequency of approx. 1/5.
The post holder will be expected to provide cover for other medical colleagues during leave and other absences and this is reciprocated.
To be successful as a Consultant Psychiatrist, you'll need:
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- To be on the Specialty Register for Forensic Psychiatry or General Psychiatry with forensic experience.
- To be able to lead and work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- To be in good CPD standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists and to have had an appraisal within the last year.
- AC and Section 12 (2) approval.
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.